Begin your cycling adventure with AusBike
Belgravia Leisure has partnered with AusCycling to deliver the new and exciting AusBike program at our centre!
AusBike is designed to give kids the essential bike riding skills to experience the freedom, fun and adventure of life on a bike.The program also teaches kids to ride safe and ride smart in a fun and inclusive environment.
Suitable for children aged 5-12 years of all skill levels and bike riding experience, students will progress from beginner to expert levels throughout the program. Equip your child with this essential life skill and a chance to understand the true meaning of “It’s like learning to ride a bike”.
Gear up, helmets on and pedals at the ready - it's time to discover where your bike riding skills can take you.
About the AusBike program
AusBike lessons occur weekly across an 8-week period and run for approximately 45-minutes. AusBike lessons are led by centre staff accredited by AusCycling to run the program. Participants are required to bring their own bikes for the program. If you are interested in participating in this program and do not own a bike, please contact us to discuss possible support.
Skills learned in the AusBike program include:
- Bike control skills
- Precision bike control
- Scanning for traffic or hazards
- Hazard perception
- Entering a roadway
- Situational awareness
Program fees and charges:
- $30 one-off registration fee
- $15 per week program fee
Benefits of the AusBike program:
- The program is designed for children aged 5-12 of all bike riding experiences, so there are no expectations for beginners!
- Fun, adventurous atmosphere that is encouraging of all abilities
- Lessons are weekly, leaving great opportunity to practice skills over the weekend and progress even further
- Great environment for children to make new friends and build on communication skills